ROCHEMITE POWDER / SOOT STICKS
ROCHEMITE is an inorganic powder ompound for application in coal or oil fired boilers, exhaust gas boilers, incinerators and process furnaces.
ROCHEMITE prevents by chemical means slag build-up. It also removes existing combustion deposits and slag from refractory coatings and metal fireside surfaces of boiler tubes, superheaters, exhaust gas uptakes and exhaust gas boilers.
Colour : Grey
Apparent Density : 0.9
Flashpoint : none
Chlorides : none
Shelflife : indefinite
ROCHEMITE is injected into the boiler furnace, first or second draft depending on boiler type and construction. A minimum gas temperature of 300°C is required as ROCHEMITE does not burn but forms a dense vapour that reaches into all parts of the boiler reacting with the fireside deposits and reducing these to a soft powder. Manual clearing and shoot blowing is reduced to a minimum or can even be eliminated completely. On clean surfaces a protective film is formed preventing attack by aggressive acids in both high and low temperature zones.
Combustion deposits in untreated boilers contain sulphur compounds resulting in a pH of 1 to 3.Although this means that the slag is corrosive nothing is known about the total acid content.
Both pH and acid content influence each other however. For example if the pH increases one point the acid content has been decreased by 90%. ROCHEMITE increases the pH and consequently the acid content in such a way that free sulphuric acid (H2So4) is kept to a minimum; the presence of ferreous sulphate (FeSo4) is eliminated. ROCHEMITE prevents sulphur corrosion when applied regularly.
A. Injection - Oil/Coal Fired Boilers
The dosage depends on the boiler capacity, type of fuel used and sulphur content thereof.
1. The required quantity of ROCHEMITE is blown, by means of an injector, into the furnace, if possible into the highest temperature zone of the flame. Use air pressure: 2.3 bar.
2. Inject ROCHEMITE after soot ;;blowing has been completed.
3. Inject ROCHEMITE in the shortest possible time.
4. If possible reduce the draft in the boiler for 2.4 minutes during and after injection in order to allow the ROCHEMITE vapour to spread throughout the boiler.
5. The speed of the chemical reaction is greater at higher temperature.
6. The part of the boiler to be treated in particular should not be at a greater distance than 10-12 meter from the injection point.
B. Injection - Diesel Engines
To prevent slag build-up in exhaust gas uptakes and boilers ROCHEMITE is applied as follows:
1. Fit injector in exhaust gas line just prior to or just behind turbo charger.
2. Inject ROCHEMITE with compressed air for a few seconds.
3. Inject ROCHEMITE only at full load of engine as a temperature of minimum 300° C is required to vapourize ROCHEMITE.
4. Dosage and frequency depend on fuel consumption, fouling problem, etc. and may vary from 2-4 kg. Every day to every three days.If the turbo chargers are heavily fouled and injection is done prior to turbo chargers it is recommended to clean the blowers first mechanically in order to avoid unbalancing. For any further details please consult your Rochem engineer.
ROCHEMITE is also available packed in the form of sticks of 0.5 kg. each. These sticks are for application in small steam generators, central heating, boilers etc. Throw one or more sticks each day into the furnace making certain that these will land on a spot where a sufficient high temperature (minimum 300°C) is reached by the flame or the exhaust gasses in order to allow the ROCHEMITE to vaporize.
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact wash with plenty of water. Do not inhale dust.