OIL SPILL REMOVER LT
ROCHEM OIL SPILL REMOVER is a liquid compound developed to efficiently emulsify and disperse oil spills from all surfaces. ROCHEM OIL SPILL REMOVER has a mild odour, is neutral containing neither acid nor alkali, non-explosive, non-corrosive, low toxic, and non-injurious to personnel.
It has a flash point of over 65°C (150°F) and is instantly soluble in oil and water in any proportion. ROCHEM OIL SPILL REMOVER converts the messiest oil spills into a white milky mixture when agitated with water. This milky mixture is then dispersed, thereby completely removing the oil.
ROCHEMOIL SPILL REMOVER is particularly effective over a broad range of oil spill conditions including:
* Floating oil on harbours, coastal water, and inland waterways.
* Oil spills on shipdecks, docks, piers, beaches and land.
* Oil accumulations on pilings and dock support structures. It is designed to quickly and easily disperse and eliminate the risk of pollution, fire, and slippery hazards caused by the accidental spillage of oil.
ROCHEM OIL SPILL REMOVER is ready for application directly from the barrel and can be applied by pressure spray, ejector nozzle jet, mopping or brushing on to oily surfaces. Spraying: For oil spills on water, decks, docks, and beaches the most economical results are obtained by the following procedure:
(1) Thoroughly wet the oil by spraying OIL SPILL REMOVER through a pressure spray device. Keep the spray moving in a progressive pattern so as to avoid wasting the product.
(2) Allow the OIL SPILL REMOVER to combine with the oil for 15 to 30 minutes.
(3) Then emulsify the mixture by agitating it with a fire jet spray of salt or fresh cold water. On water the propeller action of a launch is also effective for agitating the mixture. (Agitation is most important for efficient usage).
Ejector nozzle jet: For large oil spills which must be dealt with quickly, it is advisable to use an ejector nozzle attached to a fire hose. The ejector nozzle draws the OIL SPILL REMOVER into the jet stream which is then directed at the oil spill in a progressive pattern. The force of the jet ensures agitation.
Mopping & Brushing: If spraying equipments is not available or for small spills on ship decks, docks, and piers the following method can be used: Pour OIL SPILL REMOVER on the oil spill and mix thoroughly with a mop, broom, or brush. Then add salt or fresh water and continue mixing. When the oil is completely emulsified, rinse with water. Also, for removing accumulations of oil from pilings and dock support structures scrubbing with a large stiff brush may be necessary after first trying the spray method.
The amount of labour and OIL SPILL REMOVER required for clean up can be substantially reduced if the response to an oil spill is quick and effective action. Obviously, it is easier to treat an oil spill on deck or on the dock than after it has escaped into the water. Less obvious is the fact that oil which has been standing for a period of time, especially if it has been subjected to sun-light, will lose much of its solvent content and will change into a viscous substance that is much more difficult to removal than a fresh spill. Consequently it is worth -while to be prepared by keeping equipment and sufficient ROCHEM OIL SPILL REMOVER on hand for emergencies.
Your ROCHEM Service Engineer is available night and day to assist you in obtaining and applying ROCHEM OIL SPILL REMOVER.
Equipment: Ask your ROCHEM Service Engineer about our spray equipment and Oil pollution Booms.
ROCHEM OIL SPILL REMOVER is designed to disperse from 8 to 12 times its own volume of heavy petroleum, oil. CAUTION Although this product is not dangerous to health, prolonged contact with skin and eyes can cause irritation keep away from open fire and other sources of ignition.
Although this product is not dangerous to health, prolonged contact with skin and eyes can cause irritation keep away from open fire and other sources of ignition.